[NTG-context] Different colors in LaTeX and ConTeXt

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Tue Jul 12 22:03:33 CEST 2016

On 7/12/2016 9:39 PM, Henri Menke wrote:
> Dear Aditya and Hans,
>
> I'm not so sure about it being a bug in pgfplots.  I played a little and
> encountered the following.

As Aditya pointed out, these (probably used for tracing) colors are
defined in such a way that they don't go via the context resolver. As
these (few) colors are basically x windows colors, you can start your
document with:

\usecolors[xwi]

which will set the context colors differently.

>> \usemodule[tikz]
>> \starttext
>>
>> % Original gray
>> \blackrule[color=gray,width=1cm,height=1pt]
>>
>> \starttikzpicture
>>   \draw[gray,line width=1pt] (0,0) -- (1,0);
>> \stoptikzpicture
>>
>> % New colors
>> \definecolor[gray][s=0.5]
>> \unprotect
>> \pgfutil at definecolor{tikzgray}{gray}{0.5}
>> \protect
>>
>> % Now ConTeXt's gray = tikzgray
>> \blackrule[color=gray,width=1cm,height=1pt]

How is that supposed to work? Context will not inherit colors from tikz,
the most you can expect is the reverse: tikz using context color
definitions.