[NTG-context] Different colors in LaTeX and ConTeXt

Aditya Mahajan adityam at umich.edu
Tue Jul 12 20:23:34 CEST 2016

On Tue, 12 Jul 2016, Hans Hagen wrote:

> On 7/12/2016 5:07 PM, Aditya Mahajan wrote:

> message

>>> normally you want the same colors in tikz images as in context so then
>>> defining them in tikz is creating incompatibilities (your case is the
>>> reverse and a-typical)
>>
>> However, without such redefinitions, tikz does not understand ConTeXt
>> colors. I use a similar workaround in my documents as well.
>
> I have no clue what you mean.
>
> \definecolor[red][g=1]
>
> \startTEXpage
>     \starttikzpicture
>        \fill[red] (0,0) circle (1cm);
>     \stoptikzpicture
> \stopTEXpage
>
> works ok here and gives green. So, one can collect a list of colors
> defined in tikz in a colo-imp-tikz.mkiv and load that one if needed.

I guess it is a bug with pgfplots rather than tikz (which also means that
it may be easier to pursuade pgfplot maintainers to use low level tikz
interface, since tikz is already playing nice with context).

\usemodule[tikz,pgfplots]
\definecolor[red][g=1]

\startmode[bug]
\unprotect
\pgfutil at definecolor{red}   {rgb} {0,1,0}
\protect
\stopmode

\starttext
\startTEXpage
      \starttikzpicture
        \startaxis
          \addplot[color=red] coordinates { (0,0) (1,1) };
        \stopaxis
      \stoptikzpicture
\stopTEXpage
\stoptext