[NTG-context] Product-component structure

Procházka Lukáš Ing. LPr at pontex.cz
Mon Jul 11 13:01:58 CEST 2016

Hello,

my "how-I-do-it" used for typesetting a large book was:

---- styles.sty
% Styles, settings etc.; never compiled individually, thus ".sty"; the file also doesn't use '\startenvironment' ... '\stopenvironment' commands (I even don't know whether such commands exist; anyway, I didn't need them)

\mainlanguage[cz]
----

---- book.tex
% Main file to build the whole book

\environment styles.sty
\startproduct *
   \startfrontmatter
   \stopfrontmatter

   \startbodymatter
     \component comp01
   \stopbodymatter
\stopproduct

---- comp01.tex
% One of components; can be compiled individually, but sections are not numbered from the point of view of the final document (= book.tex) ("globally") but "locally" from the point of view of just comp01.tex

\environment styles.sty
\startcomponent *
\stopcomponent

Resume:

- Environment file 'styles.sty' is included in the product file and ALSO in all component files.
- Environment file is included AHEAD OF any \start{product|component}.
- Product file can be successfully compiled.
- Single components can be compiled successfully, too; sections here are NOT NUMBERED as in the final document.
- There no need to use "project" ability.

That's how I used and I understood component/product/project/environment structure in my project (book).

But a better way may exist (or might be intended).

Best regards,

Lukas

Ing. Lukáš Procházka | mailto:LPr at pontex.cz
Pontex s. r. o.      | mailto:pontex at pontex.cz | http://www.pontex.cz