[NTG-context] \mainlanguage[pe]

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 07:20:32 CEST 2016

On 6 July 2016 at 20:02, Mohammad Hossein Bateni wrote:
> Hello,
>
> This was lost in the other thread, so I'm starting a fresh one dedicated to
> the question.
>
> 1) \showinstalledlanguages does not show pe/persian/fa or anything like that
> but it has several arabic variants.  was this dropped in MkIV or was there
> never a persian language environment even in MkII?

MkII (read: ConTeXt with pdfTeX) doesn't support typesetting in Arabic
script at all.

And support for XeTeX has always been limited in ConTeXt. So it's not
really strange if the language support is still missing. It can only
work in MkIV (and potentially in XeTeX, but I'm not sure how much
effort would be needed to make it work properly in XeTeX).

So feel free to contribute the translations as Wolfgang suggested.

Mojca