[NTG-context] Iterate through a directory

Keith McKay mckaymeister at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 17:52:02 CEST 2016

Colleagues

I'm preparing a booklet of figures which are stored in a directory,
however their is no structure in their naming.  I could go through them
all and rename them along the lines of Pict1.jpg, Pict2.jpg etc and
\dostepwiserecurse as in the example below

\setupexternalfigures [directory={/a/directory}]
\starttext
\dostepwiserecurse{1}{10}{1}
{
\externalfigure[Pict\recurselevel.jpg]
}
  \stoptext

However, I was wondering if was possible to iterate through the
directory using a wildcard and have something like

\externalfigure[*.jpg}

to make it generic, or would I have to use lua.

Best Wishes
Keith