[NTG-context] Italic in margins and footntes

Pablo Rodriguez oinos at gmx.es
Wed Jun 29 21:21:02 CEST 2016

On 06/29/2016 06:06 PM, Jean-Pierre Delange wrote:

> Dear ConTeXt wizards,
>
> I am currently writing a course. I need some notes in the left
> margin. I have written this in the preamble :
>
> \setuppapersize[A4]
> \setuplanguage[fr]
> \setuplayout [backspace=40mm]
> \setuppagenumbering[location={header,inright}]
> \setupmargindata[inmargin][location=left]
> \setupmargindata[inmargin][style={\switchtobodyfont[ss,10pt]}]
> \setupbodyfontenvironment[default][em=italic]
> \definefallbackfamily [mainface] [serif] [New Athena Unicode] [preset=range:greek]% for some words in greek
> \definefontfamily [mainface] [serif] [GFS Didot]
> \setupbodyfont[mainface]
> \setupindenting[1.5em]
> \setupindenting[yes]
> \setupframedtexts[][left,10pt]
> \starttext
>
> A problem occurs : while some words are well printed in italics in
> the body text (and in footnotes), this is not the case in the left margin
> with this code : \inmargin[][align=middle]{Cf. Platon, {\em Timée}, 29b.}

Hi Jean-Pierre,

you have to define a sans font after the serif font, such as in:

  \definefontfamily [mainface] [sans] [GFS Neohellenic]

BTW, latest beta versions require force=yes in \definefallbackfamily.

Just out of curiosity, do you plan to post the resulting PDF file online?

I hope it helps,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk