[NTG-context] Equivalent in ConTeXt mkiv for LaTeX's picture environment?

Wolfgang Schuster schuster.wolfgang at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 01:16:35 CEST 2016

> Thomas Fehige <mailto:thomas at fehige.de>
> 25. Juni 2016 um 20:31
> The headline says it: As a convert from LaTeX I'm looking for the
> functionality of LaTeX's picture environment, i.e. the placing of
> boxes et al. according to absolute coordinates, possibly with
> calculating measurements and coordinates on the go, like the stuff
> provided by the picture package on LaTeX. (It's labels for cider
> bottles this time.)
A third method apart from layers and metapost is the positioning
environment.

\setupexternalfigure[location=default]

\starttext

\startpositioning
\position(0,0){\externalfigure[cow][width=\textwidth]}
\position(1.5,2){\color[green]{HEAD}}
\position(10,6.5){\color[red]{UDDER}}
\stoppositioning

\stoptext