[NTG-context] Strange result with formulaframed

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Wed Jun 22 13:36:21 CEST 2016

On 6/22/2016 12:05 PM, Otared Kavian wrote:
> Dear Hans,
>
> I just did some experiments with the new \setupformulaframed, which you added recently after a demand by Aditya.
> However it seems to me that it does not do exactly what one might expect, at least in the example below.
>
> Would it be possible to have a mechanism which gives somehow what Aditya was asking?

well, afaik he was asking for framed formulas but it will probably take
a bit of time to test it with all kind of interferences

> % begin framed-frormula.tex
> \setupformulaframed[framecolor=red,frame=on,offset=1ex]
> \setupformula[option=frame,color=blue]
>
> \starttext
>
> \startplaceformula
>   \startformula
>   f(x) := \left\{
>   \startalign
>   \NC = -1\NC\quad \mbox{if }\, x < 0 \NR
>   \NC = +1\NC\quad \mbox{if }\, x > 0 \NR
>   \stopalign\right.
>   \stopformula
> \stopplaceformula
>
> \stoptext
> % end framed-frormula.tex

it's not related to framing ... you can put this in cont-new.mkiv after
the \unprotect command there

\def\math_halign_checked
    {\halign
        \ifnum\c_strc_formulas_mode=\plustwo
          % currently there is no need for width juggling
        \else
           \ifcase\eqalignmode \or to \checkeddisplaywidth \fi
        \fi}

\def\math_both_eqalign_no_normal#1#2%
   {\ifmmode
      \the\mathdisplayaligntweaks
      \vcenter\bgroup
      \let\math_finish_eqalign_no\egroup
    \else
      \let\math_finish_eqalign_no\relax
    \fi
    #1%

\math_halign_checked\expandafter\bgroup\the\scratchtoks\crcr#2\crcr\egroup
    \math_finish_eqalign_no}

\def\math_both_eqalign_no_aligned#1%
   {\ifmmode
     \the\mathdisplayaligntweaks
     \global\mathnumberstatus\plusone
     \ifcase\mathraggedstatus
        \def\math_finish_eqalign_no{\crcr\egroup}%
     \else
        % we're in a mathbox
        \vcenter\bgroup
        \def\math_finish_eqalign_no{\crcr\egroup\egroup}%
     \fi
    \fi
    #1%
    \math_halign_checked\expandafter\bgroup\the\scratchtoks\crcr}