[NTG-context] Invoking ConTeXt from inside php web appliction

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 22:06:46 CEST 2016

On 17 June 2016 at 14:16, Pavneet Arora wrote:
> I am stuggling with getting ConTeXt to run from inside a php script
> under Apache.  First off, let me say that the installation works fine
> from the command line as a logged in user.
>
> Initially, I tried to do it inline:
>
>   cmd = ". /opt/context/tex/setuptex /opt/context/tex/setuptex; cd $spool_dir; context $full_input_filename";
>   system($cmd);

Unrelated to the problem, but ...

Instead of sourcing setuptex you should just add
/opt/context/tex/texm-linux64 (or whawever folder that is) to the
environmental variable PATH.

The setuptex script doesn't do anything else and is just a convenience
script for users. In scripting you should better set PATH. You can
also manually set TEXMFCACHE if you want. Not that it matters much,
but I don't know why one would want the overhead of running an
additional script each time.

Mojca