[NTG-context] Invoking ConTeXt from inside php web appliction

Pavneet Arora pavneet_arora at waroc.com
Fri Jun 17 14:42:19 CEST 2016

Unfortunately, while the mtxrun command works for a shell user:

  $ mtxrun -script base --variables | grep cache
  resolvers       | lists |   env: $SELFAUTOPARENT/texmf-cache
  resolvers       | lists |   var: $SELFAUTOPARENT/texmf-cache
  resolvers       | lists |   exp: /opt/context/tex/texmf-cache
  resolvers       | lists |   res: /opt/context/tex/texmf-cache

the result is the same for www-data:

  $ sudo -u www-data bash -c ". /opt/context/tex/setuptex /opt/context/tex; mtxrun --script base --variables | grep cache"
  resolvers       | caches | fatal error: there is no valid writable cache path defined

I have to think that setuptex isn't able to set up the runtime
environment for www-data, somehow?

--
Pavneet Arora           m: +1 (647) 406-6843
Waroc Informatik        t: +1 (416) 937-9276