[NTG-context] placetable with location=split produces error

Christoph Reller christoph.reller at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 15:31:55 CEST 2016

On Fri, 10 Jun 2016 14:00:01, Christoph Reller
<christoph.reller at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 09 Jun 2016 10:08:24, Christoph Reller
> <christoph.reller at gmail.com> wrote:
>> \starttext
>>   \dorecurse{9}{\input ward}
>>   \startplacetable[location=split]
>>     \bTABLE
>>       \bTR \bTD \input tufte \eTD \eTR
>>     \eTABLE
>>   \stopplacetable
>> \stoptext
>>
>> The error message is:
>>
>> ! Undefined control sequence
>> <argument> ...ixednumber {\currentfloat }\currentfloatnumber
>>                                                   \relax
>> \thecurrentfloatnum...
>> \flushbothlabelclass #1#2#3->#1#3
>> \namedtaggedlabeltexts ...\dostarttagged {#1}{#2}}
>>                                                   \dostoptagged \endgroup
>> \thecurrentfloatnumber ...rentfloatnumbersuffix }}
>>                                                   \fi \fi \fi
>> \strc_floats_make_complete_caption ...floatnumber
>>                                                   }\ifnofloatcaption \else
>> \...
>> \strc_floats_check_caption_content ...ete_caption
>>                                                   }\ifdim \wd
>> \b_strc_floats...
>
> I have some additional information:

This must have something to do with page breaking in conjunction with
table splitting. The following MWE produces no error:

\starttext
  \dorecurse{9}{\input ward}
  \testpage[10]
  \startplacetable[location=split]
    \bTABLE
      \bTR \bTD \input tufte \eTD \eTR
    \eTABLE
  \stopplacetable
\stoptext

On the other hand the following MWE produces the error, and of course
here, a testpage will not help:

\starttext
  \dorecurse{11}{\input ward}
  \pagebreak[disable]
  \placetable[split]{}{
    \bTABLE
    \bTR \bTD Ups \eTD \eTR
    \eTABLE
  }
\stoptext

This is a long standing issue and I would very much appreciate any
comment on this.
Thank you in advance for any contribution,
Christoph