[NTG-context] Orphans and widows for specific paragraph groups

Pavneet Arora pavneet_arora at waroc.com
Thu Jun 9 22:18:11 CEST 2016

I have a couple of questions about preventing orphans for specific
document blocks.

These all relate to a web-based report card application I have written
for a study abroad school client of mine.  The ConTeXt file is being
generated and processed out of a PHP Laravel framework app.

I have stripped away most of the details as well as the application
fonts, but the issue that I am facing is related to keeping the course
header (done as a paragraph environment), \hairline, and the teacher's
comment for that course together as a unit.

At a minimum, I would like the three elements as a grouped and pushed to
the following page.  Ideally, and this is more for my own learning, I'd
like to be able to have finer control---say the header, \hairline, and a
set number of comment lines would be acceptable at the bottom of a page.

What would be the best practices for this?

advTHANKSance

\definefontfamily[mainface][rm][Latin Modern Roman]
\definefontfamily[mainface][ss][Latin Modern Sans]
\definefontfamily[mainface][tt][Latin Modern Typewriter]
\definefontfamily[mainface][mm][Latin Modern Math]

\setupbodyfont[mainface,9pt]

% Set up default paragraph indenting and spacing.
\setupindenting[yes,
    medium,
    next]
\setupwhitespace[small]

% Set up paragraph environment for subject header.
\defineparagraphs
    [subjectpar][
        n=2,
        before={\blank[2*big]}]
\setupparagraphs
    [subjectpar]
        [1]
        [width=.3\textwidth]

\starttext
    \blank[8*big, force]
    \dorecurse{10}{
        \blank[2*big]
        \noindentation
        \startsubjectpar
        {\ss\tfc ENG4U}
        \subjectpar
        %% Need to keep the following together as a unit.
        {\ss\tfc English (Grade 12)}
        \stopsubjectpar
        \noindentation
        \vskip-2em\hairline
        \setupindenting[yes,
            medium,
            next]
        \dorecurse{1}{
        \input lorem.tex

        }
    }
\stoptext

<<<< MWE

--
Pavneet Arora           m: +1 (647) 406-6843
Waroc Informatik        t: +1 (416) 937-9276