[NTG-context] Wrong ToUnicode table for ZapfDingbats font

Christoph Reller christoph.reller at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 10:43:50 CEST 2016

Hi,

Consider the following MWE, that displays a ZapfDingbats check mark:

\definefontsynonym[ZapfDingbats][file:ZapfDingbats][features=dingbats]
\definefont[zapfdingbats][ZapfDingbats]
\starttext
\getnamedglyphdirect{ZapfDingbats*dingbats}{a19}
\stoptext

In earlier versions, e.g., 2016.03.13, the font in the PDF contains a
correct ToUnicode table with:
1 beginbfchar
<0013> <2713>
endbfchar

In the currently newest version, 2016.06.08, the ToUnicode table lacks the
entry for the check mark:
0 beginbfchar
endbfchar

Hence, the check mark cannot be copy pasted from the PDF.

I fear this may be a bug. Or am I missing something? Any feedback is
welcome.

Christoph