[NTG-context] basic fontsizes question

Wolfgang Schuster schuster.wolfgang at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 11:11:06 CEST 2016

> Thomas Fehige <mailto:thomas at fehige.de>
> 8. Juni 2016 um 10:35
> Nevertheless, I prefer to keep all the font and fontsize definitions
> and tweaks together in the preamble. This poster is not the only work
> I'm planning to do in ConTeXt, and I need to learn to swim while
> already in the water ;) .
For short texts where you want a certain style and size (e.g. a title
page or a poster with few words) \definedfont is the recommended method,
for larger amounts of the text (e.g. the abstract of a book) you can use
\switchtobodyfont to change the size.
> Meanwhile I found the command \definebodyfontswitch and defined
> switches like \normalsize, \scriptsize, \large, \Large etc.
The \definebodyfontswitch creates only a command which uses
\switchtobodyfont with a fixed number of arguments.
> But this doesn't explain why \definebodyfontenvironment did not do
> anything in my MNWE. The fonts book is not very clear on its intended
> use.
You put spaces before and after = which aren’t allowed there.

\definebodyfontenvironment
   [24pt]
   [         small=22pt,
               big=28pt,