[NTG-context] Letterspacing

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Sun May 29 18:49:54 CEST 2016

On 5/29/2016 6:36 PM, Thomas Fehige wrote:
> I'm still trying to understand some ConTeXt ways of doing things, being
> a kind of LaTeX native myself. I bought the context-fonts manual, but
> still can't figure out how to implement a macro that does the simple(?)
> following, especially item 3:
>
> 1. Make #1 uppercase [OK, in simple situations I could just type the
> uppercase letters]
> 2. change #1's color to xxx [not a problem]
> 3. apply an amount of letterspacing to the capitalized #1 that I can
> specify myself.
>
> Maybe I'm only using the wrong search term, maybe the letterspace
> feature is well hidden in the documentation, maybe it doesn't exist: I
> simply don't know and don't see a way to find out. \stretched is not an
> answer.

\starttext

some words

\WORD{some words}

\definecharacterkerning[mine][factor=0.5]
\definecharacterkerning[less][factor=0.05]
\definecharacterkerning[more][factor=0.1]

\WORD{\setcharacterkerning[mine]some words}

{\setcharactercasing[WORD]\setcharacterkerning[mine]some words}

{\setcharactercasing[Words]\setcharacterkerning[less]some words}

{\setcharactercasing[Words]\setcharacterkerning[more]some words}