[NTG-context] Letterspacing

Thomas Fehige thomas at fehige.de
Sun May 29 18:36:31 CEST 2016

I'm still trying to understand some ConTeXt ways of doing things, being
a kind of LaTeX native myself. I bought the context-fonts manual, but
still can't figure out how to implement a macro that does the simple(?)
following, especially item 3:

1. Make #1 uppercase [OK, in simple situations I could just type the
uppercase letters]
2. change #1's color to xxx [not a problem]
3. apply an amount of letterspacing to the capitalized #1 that I can
specify myself.

Maybe I'm only using the wrong search term, maybe the letterspace
feature is well hidden in the documentation, maybe it doesn't exist: I
simply don't know and don't see a way to find out. \stretched is not an
answer.

Any hints appreciated.

Cheers -- Thomas