[NTG-context] orphan headline

Wolfgang Schuster schuster.wolfgang at gmail.com
Thu May 26 21:55:23 CEST 2016

> Andrea Valle <mailto:valle at di.unito.it>
> 26. Mai 2016 um 10:56
> Dear all,
>
> I’m finishing a book, and getting the following undesired result.
> Many times I have section or subsection title at the bottom of a page,
> with no text. Text starts on the next page.
> I have looked at
>
> http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Widows_and_orphans_control
>
> but I wasn’t able to solve.
>
> I guess it could depend on the formatting of my headlines. Here they are:
>
> \setuphead[section]
> [style=\ss\tfa,
> before={\blank[0.5cm]\startframedtext[offset=0.25cm,framecolor=black,
> rulethickness=0.01cm, frame=off, topframe=off,
>  bottomframe=on]\crlf},after={\stopframedtext\noindentation\blank[1cm]}]
>
> \setuphead[subsection]
> [style=\ss,
> before={\blank[0.5cm]\startframedtext[offset=0.25cm,framecolor=black,
> rulethickness=0.01cm, frame=off, topframe=off,
>  bottomframe=on]\crlf},after={\stopframedtext\noindentation\blank[1cm]}]
Your lack of a working minimal example makes it hard to give a solution
but adding changing the way how the frame is added should improve things.

\startsetups[section:andrea]
     \ifconditional\headshownumber
         \scratchdimenone\dimexpr\headnumberwidth+\headnumberdistance\relax
         \scratchdimentwo\dimexpr\headnumberdistance\relax
     \else
         \scratchdimenone\zeropoint
         \scratchdimentwo\zeropoint
     \fi

\startframedtext[offset=0.25cm,loffset=\scratchdimenone,rulethickness=0.01cm,frame=off,bottomframe=on]
         \dontleavehmode\llap{\headnumbercontent\hskip\scratchdimentwo}
         \headtextcontent
     \stopframedtext
\stopsetups

\defineheadalternative[section:andrea][alternative=vertical,renderingsetup=section:andrea]

\setuphead
   [section]
   [alternative=section:andrea,
    numberwidth=1em,