[NTG-context] win64 : luatex is not recognize as an internal command

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Tue May 24 18:56:44 CEST 2016

On 5/24/2016 5:57 PM, Jean-Pierre Delange wrote:

> Dear list,
>
> I am currently testing and experimenting such things as a brand new installation (Context Process 0.63 2016.05.22 15:18) on a Windows x64 computer.
> I have made a new installation of ConTeXt Standalone (with TeXWorks), downloading the *.zip file, etc.
>
> 1) Download the context-mswin.zip in C:\[...]\Documents;
> 2) mkdir 'context' => cd 'context'
> 3) Unzip it and launch context-setup.bat in the new C:\[...]Documents\context
> 4) Then, go to \context\tex and launch 'setuptex';
> 5) Then again, cd \context\tex\texmf-win64\bin and do : 'context --generate', and 'context --make'.
>
> As a result, the compilation after context --generate is 0,988 s. (and much more than 1 sec with 'context --make' command, which needs usually more than 30 sec. to compile) and after context --make I obtain a \dumpdump message with this cryptic sentence (in French) : 'luatex' is not recognized as an internal or external command, an executable program or a command file.
>
> And when I try to do this :
> \ starttext
> \startsection[title={Testing ConTeXt}]
> This is my {\em first} ConTeXt document.
> \stopsection
> \stoptext
>
> Here is the result : mtx-context | fatal error: no return code, message: luatex: No such file or directory
>
> I have missed something ... but what is it ?

is there a texmf-win64 directory someplace?

btw, 30 sec for making a format sounds a lot to me (normally it takes me
around 4.5 sec for one format including generating the file database, a
few year old laptop but with an ssd) ... or is your console slow (if you
run a lot from the console it makes sense to use 'conemu' as consoles -
on any os - take some runtime due to the way tex flushes)