[NTG-context] win64 : luatex is not recognize as an internal command

Jean-Pierre Delange adeimantos at free.fr
Tue May 24 17:57:55 CEST 2016

Dear list,

I am currently testing and experimenting such things as a brand new installation (Context Process 0.63 2016.05.22 15:18) on a Windows x64 computer.
I have made a new installation of ConTeXt Standalone (with TeXWorks), downloading the *.zip file, etc.

1) Download the context-mswin.zip in C:\[...]\Documents;
2) mkdir 'context' => cd 'context'
3) Unzip it and launch context-setup.bat in the new C:\[...]Documents\context
4) Then, go to \context\tex and launch 'setuptex';
5) Then again, cd \context\tex\texmf-win64\bin and do : 'context --generate', and 'context --make'.

As a result, the compilation after context --generate is 0,988 s. (and much more than 1 sec with 'context --make' command, which needs usually more than 30 sec. to compile) and after context --make I obtain a \dumpdump message with this cryptic sentence (in French) : 'luatex' is not recognized as an internal or external command, an executable program or a command file.

And when I try to do this :
\ starttext
\startsection[title={Testing ConTeXt}]
This is my {\em first} ConTeXt document.
\stopsection
\stoptext

Here is the result : mtx-context | fatal error: no return code, message: luatex: No such file or directory

I have missed something ... but what is it ?
I am deeply sorry to bother you with this question, but I don't clearly see when, where and what I have missed. Maybe I'm tired ...
JP