[NTG-context] Underbar offset

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Tue May 24 14:19:28 CEST 2016

On 5/24/2016 1:54 AM, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to add a continuous underbar under a paragraph or a title as in:
>
> \setupbar
>     [color=red,offset=10pt]
> \starttext
> \underbar{Test this \high{\tfxx ®}}
> \stoptext
>
> ... but I'm confused about two aspects:
>
> - How can I prevent \high{} from shifting the underbar?

i need to think about it .. maybe an option

> - How can I add more offset?

underbar is derived from the parent but has its own offset and an offset
is relative to the baseline and a fraction of th eunit (normally the ex
of a font)

\setupbar[underbar][color=red,offset=-.5]

\starttext

\underbar{Test this \high{\tfxx ®}}

\stoptext

> The color keyword works, but offset doesn't seem to have any effect
> even though it's listed in the reference.
>
> I was able to address the second problem (adding more offset) with
> something like
>     \definebar[BarU][offset=-0.7]
>     \startbar[BarU] ... \stopbar
> but I wasn't able to get rid of the shift (and the bar had a different
> thickness when a smaller font was used).
>
> I can find ugly workarounds with frames, but it would be ideal if I
> could get one of the underbar mechanisms to work "out-of-the-box".

just see how underbar is defined ... if you want fixed dimensions you
should used a fixed unit (not one derived from the current font)