[NTG-context] Bugs with minimals 2015.05.24 12:42

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Tue May 24 12:14:03 CEST 2016

On 24 May 2016 at 12:06, Meer, Hans van der wrote:
>> On 02 Jun 2015, at 14:51, Hans Hagen wrote:
>>
>> If you install extra fonts and files, you should put them in
>>
>> tex/texmf-fonts
>> tex/texmf-project
>>
>> as these are left untouched. That has always been the recommendation. The other trees will be synchronized in an update and that also includes deleting obsolete files.
>
> I guess the same applies to /tex/texmf-local?
>
> And how is that with tex/texmf-modules? I am asking because there is also a modules directory:
>     context/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/modules
> It would be nice if I safely can put my modules there instead of burying them somewhere else in the trees.

If you put files under texmf-context, they will be removed
automatically with next update. You can install official modules with
"--modules=t-tikz" for example and those will stay. But if you want
your own unrelated modules, you should not use texmf-modules unless
you remove the "--delete" flag for rsync (but then you'll end up with
other obsolete files).

The trees texmf-local, texmf-fonts, texmf-projects are all fine.

Mojca