[NTG-context] smaller size for particular style

Henman dhenman at gmail.com
Sun May 22 19:02:46 CEST 2016

When I  change the middle line in Wolfgang's example at the bottom of
this message from:

a{\tt a} e{\tt e} A{\tt A}

              | to the below
x{\tt a} y{\tt e} z{\tt A}

I thought i should get:     aa   ee  and AA for  the given example
                             and:     xa   ye  and zA  for my modified
version.

But the output is exactly the same. (Using; ConTeXt TDS Runner Tool 1.31)

So what do the letters preceding the { } groups do?
Can this behavior be easily explained or a reference given to me to
understand this?