[NTG-context] Framing multiline equations

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Sun May 22 17:56:04 CEST 2016

On 5/22/2016 11:36 AM, L.S.-Soc&Gam wrote:
> Hello together,
>
> I'm having trouble framing multiline equations. Problem is that either I
> get an error or the equation gets framed while the multiline is
> converted into a single line. Here is my code:
>
> ---------------------
> \starttext
>
> \startformula                                 <- works like a charm
> \mframed[offset=1mm,loffset=3mm,roffset=3mm]
>     {a + b = c}
> \stopformula
>
> \startformula \startalign                         <- that's an example
> multiline equation
> \NC c - a = \NC b \NR                            <- unframed it works
> \NC d + c - b = \NC a \NR
> \stopalign \stopformula
>
> \startformula \framed{\startalign <- \mframed gives an error. \framed
> works, but then the eq
> \NC c - a = \NC b \NR           <- gets converted into a single line eq.
> \NC d + c - b = \NC a \NR
> \stopalign} \stopformula
>
> \stoptext
> ---------------------
>
> I tried to place \mframed at different locations. But the example above
> is the only one that doesn't give an error.
> How would an experienced CTX user frame multiline equations?
> I think it would work with natural TABLES. But i would only use that
> way, when nothing else works...

next beta:

\starttext

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

\startformula \startalign
     \NC c - a     = \NC b \NR
     \NC d + c - b = \NC a \NR
\stopalign \stopformula

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

\startformula
\mframed
     [offset=1mm,loffset=3mm,roffset=3mm] {
         a + b = c
     }
\stopformula

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

\startformula
\mframed
     [offset=1mm,loffset=3mm,roffset=3mm] {
         \startalign
             \NC c - a     = \NC b \NR
             \NC d + c - b = \NC a \NR
         \stopalign
     }
\stopformula

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

\stoptext

i'll sort out spacing later