[NTG-context] LaTeX reledmac: what about ConTeXt ?

Jean-Pierre Delange adeimantos at free.fr
Sun May 22 10:05:36 CEST 2016

Hi Pablo and others columns addicts !
I answer to myself, trying to understand why there is a mismatch when trying to parse a bunch of pages with 2 columns. It seems to have a problem with filling the page, even on the first page. I get back to basics and to the documentation, testing an explicit sample (sample 901, page 45, on numbering lines on 2 columns set).

I change the section title and I copy/paste the first paragraph of an english translation of an Aristotelian text. I put 'regular' instead of 'bold' for numbering lines.
Please, would you mind to test this following code ?
JP

\usemodule[newcolumnsets]
\definecolumnset[example][n=2,page=middle,distance=1cm]
\setupcolumnset
[example]
[background=contrast]
% \definecolor[fakerulecolor][white] \faketriggertrue
\setuphead
[section]
[style=\bfd]
\setuplinenumbering
[style=regular,
distance=0pt,
align=inner]
\starttext
\startcolumnset[example]
\dorecurse{30}{
\startsection[title=Things are said to be named #1]
\startlinenumbering
Things are said to be named 'equivocally' when, though they have a common name, the definition corresponding with the name differs for each. Thus, a real man and a figure in a picture can both lay claim to the name 'animal'; yet these are equivocally so named, for, though they have a common name, the definition corresponding with the name differs for each. For should any one define in what sense each is an animal, his definition in the one case will be appropriate to that case only.\par
\stoplinenumbering
\stopsection}
\stopcolumnset
\stoptext