[NTG-context] Typing environment on non-ASCII

Hans Åberg haberg-1 at telia.com
Sat May 21 20:39:22 CEST 2016

> On 21 May 2016, at 20:03, Wolfgang Schuster <schuster.wolfgang at gmail.com> wrote:

>> OK. There are two different issues involved: if one wants to use a monospace font, and if one wants it verbatim, without TeX translation. For me, the latter would suffice. The typing environment, it seems, combines the two, and the monospace part cannot be turned off.
>>
> The typing environment uses only a monospaced font as default style but you can also
> use it with a serif or sans serif font, e.g. \setuptyping[style=sans].

The code below works. One can alternatively put it on the \starttyping command, admitting mixing with traditional monospace code at other places. The idea here is to display Unicode input files as is, so finding a monospace font for all those characters may be difficult. Just changing to sans did not work though.

\setupbodyfont[xits,10pt]
\setuptyping[style=normal]

\starttyping %[style=normal]
∀(i, k) ∈ I×K: C(i, k) ≔ ∑_(j∈J) A(i, j)·B(j, k)
\stoptyping