[NTG-context] command reference not searchable

Meer, Hans van der H.vanderMeer at uva.nl
Fri May 20 09:10:15 CEST 2016

Remembered that Hans Hagen recently told me (and Jean-Pierre reminded me of this) that the document can be generated with:
   context --extra=setups --overview i-context.xml
I did this and the resultant document now has in the document properties:
  PDF Producer: LuaTeX-0.95.0
  PDF Version : 1.7 (Acrobat 8.x)
This document is searchable indeed, both in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC and in Apple's Preview.
Conclusion: the problem must be --at least on my perfectly normal straight out-of-the-box MacOSX-- located in the producer "Mac OSX (version) Quartz PDFContext". Why? About that I am in the dark.

> On 19 May 2016, at 23:09, Wolfgang Schuster <schuster.wolfgang at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Jean-Pierre Delange 19. Mai 2016 um 21:59
>> Hi fellows ConTeXt users,
>>
>> I think the issue comes from Mac OS X PDF reader installation. On Windows, one can pass the following command:
>> context --extra=setups --overview cont-en.xml which print a PDF file (ConTeXt Extra) very searchable.
> cont-en.xml is the old reference file (which still exists because it is used in manuals), the updated list is in i-context.xml and all sub files (i-xxx.xml).

Hans van der Meer