[NTG-context] Setting up TeXworks

Thomas Fehige thomas at fehige.de
Thu May 19 17:16:35 CEST 2016

Thanks Jean-Pierre, and no, you're not carrying owls to Athens, in
whatever language. ;) I'm very new to ConTeXt and not all that
experienced in the Linux world either. My French is honed on cooking
recipes rather than computing and coding, but I was able to follow your
page allright.

1. I don't have my standalone ConTeXt tree anywhere under /home/... but
in /usr/local/context/..., as suggested on the wiki. Would that make a
difference?

2. What do "--generate" and "--make" do? I remember having run them at
one occasion or other, but to no avail as to the TeXworks problem.
Shouldn't they be run by the installation script anyway?

I had managed the fonts database stuff, thanks to the wiki and some
trial and error. It was time I learned about environment variables in
Linux and Xfce anyway.

Cheers -- Thomas