[NTG-context] Overlays as background in textbackground

Meer, Hans van der H.vanderMeer at uva.nl
Wed May 18 13:55:11 CEST 2016

This code from three years back ia a reply to a question of placing an overlay background. Because the cow is very black I am curious if the \externalfigure can have a paramter to change the alpha of the cow, making it more transparent. By the way, it is not out of curiosity only. If possible it would forego the need to make separate pictures of different transparency beforehand.

> On 15 Jul 2013, at 11:22, Hans Hagen <pragma at wxs.nl> wrote:
>
> \definetextbackground [mybackgroundOverlay] [mp=mpos:region:whatever]
>
> \startuseMPgraphic{mpos:region:whatever}
>    for i=1 upto nofmultipars :
>        draw textext("\externalfigure[cow.pdf]") rotated 10 shifted center multipars[i] ;
>    endfor ;
> \stopuseMPgraphic
>
> \starttext
>
>  \startmybackgroundOverlay