[NTG-context] ConTeXt and Scite

Thomas Fehige thomas at fehige.de
Mon May 16 16:34:20 CEST 2016

For the time being, I think I'm giving up on pairing ConTeXt standalone
and TeXworks on my Xubuntu machine and try to try out SciTE.

In the manual it says that

    If you want to use ConTEXt, you need to copy the relevant files from
    <texroot>/tex/texmf-context/context/data/scite
    to the path were SciTE keeps its property files (*.properties)

Is that the only way? SciTE seems to keep its user-specific properties
files in my home directory! I don't want to clutter that up with 16
unhidden files and two directories. At least SciTE's original files are
hidden ones.

A much more polite way would be if SciTE used a hidden directory named
"~/.scite", or, better still, "~/.config/scite", to keep its config
stuff in. Can I reconfigure it to use some place like that?

Cheers -- Thomas