[NTG-context] Setting up TeXworks

Thomas Fehige thomas at fehige.de
Sun May 15 21:29:51 CEST 2016

Now I uninstalled the texlive version of ConTeXt and did a total new
install of the standalone version. That did not help at all. There's
something wrong happening within the mtxrun.

I added a new "compiler" to TeXworks that only executes the command
printenv and it lists the following environment settings:

TEXROOT=/usr/local/context/tex

PATH=/usr/local/context/texmf-linux-64:/usr/local/context/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games:/usr/local/games:/snap/bin:/usr/local/context/texmf-linux-64/bin

OSFONTDIR=/usr/local/share/fonts;/usr/share/fonts;/home/thomas/.local/share/fonts

They look pretty correct to me. But still mtxrun complains:

... resolvers | resolving | warning: no lua configuration files found

resolvers | resolving | no texmf paths are defined (using TEXMF)

resolvers | resolving |

mtxrun | the resolver databases are not present or outdated

resolvers | resolving | warning: no lua configuration files found

resolvers | resolving | no texmf paths are defined (using TEXMF)

mtxrun | unknown script 'context.lua' or 'mtx-context.lua'

Clueless greetings -- Thomas