[NTG-context] Latin setupmathematics

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Sun May 15 20:42:19 CEST 2016

On 5/15/2016 8:31 PM, Hans Ã…berg wrote:

>> there will always be some kind of escape
>
> Hopefully from TeX as well. :-)

you can use ms word (which has tex like math but with a gui) but
eventually typesetting will become a niche and end up in the arts but i
will probably not live long enough to see that happen

>> also, the lack of an upright alphabet in unicode will always make some 'x' in the input either math of text so one also needs to indicate where math starts and ends
>
> As far as Unicode is concerned, the ASCII and Greeks ranges are the upright ones. But those ranges will be used for math italic as long as there are no efficient input methods. Designing ones own keyboard map is a chore with so many math styles.

well, law, week i heard about emoticons in different colors as well as
gender so maybe some day we will have a math upright alphabet to
distinguish it from regular latin