[NTG-context] LaTeX reledmac: what about ConTeXt ?

Jean-Pierre Delange adeimantos at free.fr
Sun May 15 18:46:53 CEST 2016

Hi Pablo and other ConTeXt wizards !

I've tried to find a solution to my previous question. Thanks to Pablo Rodriguez, the script is working very well. But when I try to take his solution with a 2 columns scheme (a Greek tex on left and a latin one on right), the footnotes are not printed. I did something which is not the best : to gather some declarations and see if they work !
Then, the script below is more or less working (it does work : no error in the log !), but because it doesn't print footnotes, I wonder that it succeeds to print the 2 columns (greek and latin) ! To summarize what it doesn't work here :
1) lines numbering
2) footnotes

Here is the script, which need to be clarified.

% \usemodule[simplefonts]
\definefontfamily [mainface] [serif] [Palatino]
\mainlanguage[gr] % Greek as main language
\setuplayout[header=2cm, footer=2cm]
\setupnotations[alternative=serried]
\definelinenote[aNote]
\definelinenote[bNote][n=2]
\definelinenote[cNote][n=3]
\definelinenote[dNote][paragraph=yes]
\def\ANote#1#2{#1\aNote{#1] #2}}
\def\BNote#1#2{#1\bNote{#1] #2}}
\def\CNote#1#2{#1\cNote{#1] #2}}
\def\DNote#1#2{#1\dNote{#1] #2}}
\setupalign[hz, hanging]
\setuptolerance[strict]
\defineparagraphs[TwoColumns][n=2, align={hz, hanging}]
\setupparagraphs[TwoColumns][1][width=200pt, style=regular, align=left]
\setuplinenumbering[step=5]
\setupbodyfont[palatino, 7.8pt]
\starttext
\start\fr % some text in French
Définir un apparat critique et le mettre en page avec un traitement de texte courant est un véritable casse-tête. LaTeX et ConTeXt offrent des outils d'automatisation encore assez mal connus dans la communauté des éditeurs, notamment dans l'édition savante, pour la collation et la comparaison de textes médiévaux.\par
\startlinenumbering
\startTwoColumns
\dorecurse{4}{[1a] Ὁμώνυμα λέγεται ὧν ὄνομα μόνον κοινόν, ὁ δὲ κατὰ τοὔνομα λόγος τῆς οὐσίας ἕτερος, οἷον ζῷον ὅ τε ἄνθρωπος καὶ τὸ γεγραμμένον· τούτων γὰρ ὄνομα μόνον κοινόν, ὁ δὲ κατὰ τοὔνομα λόγος τῆς οὐσίας ἕτερος· ἐὰν γὰρ ἀποδιδῷ τις τί ἐστιν αὐτῶν ἑκατέρῳ τὸ ζῴῳ εἶναι, ἴδιον ἑκατέρου λόγον ἀποδώσει.\par}\TwoColumns
\dorecurse{4}{Aequivoca dicuntur quorum nomen\CNote{nomen}{première note} solum commune est, secundum nomen vero substantiae\ANote{substantiae}{seconde note} ratio\ANote{ratio}{seconde note} diversa, ut animal homo\DNote{homo}{troisième note} et quod pingitur. Horum enim solum nomen commune est, secundum nomen vero substantiae
ratio diversa; si enim quis assignet quid est utrique eorum quo sint animalia, propriam assignabit utriusque rationem.\par}
\stopTwoColumns
\stoplinenumbering
\stoptext