[NTG-context] Nolimits not working with Unicode characters

Hans Åberg haberg-1 at telia.com
Fri May 13 15:00:38 CEST 2016

> On 13 May 2016, at 14:08, Hans Hagen <pragma at wxs.nl> wrote:
>
> On 5/13/2016 1:55 PM, Hans Åberg wrote:

>>> using it as normal character .. it's often harder to turn off features than to turn on
>>>
>>> and making all those characters active by default is not a good idea
>>
>> The use in the source code helps readability of math formulas, though.
>
> it's no problem to make a module that supports that but it will never be default (some \mathcommand's represent base characters then become larger for instance while the corresponding base character is fixed in size), so ∫ by default is the character and not the 'adapting construct' (tex often has many commands for the same symbol doing different things)

Currently, there is a problem with the lack of efficient Unicode input methods: symbol table and copy-paste are slow. But perhaps in the future, more might want to use it.

There may not be so many symbols: the “large operators" in the Tex Book, p. 435, though Unicode have more, and some others like √ U+221A for \sqrt.

I could not make your code working - does it require a later LuaTex version (than 0.80.0)?