[NTG-context] [OT] Full-width justification (xkcd)

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Mon May 9 12:02:26 CEST 2016

On 5/9/2016 11:12 AM, Taco Hoekwater wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> Mojca:
>> Wasn't in obvious that I was joking?
>> (Even though deep down I feared someone would reply with "here it is”.)
>
> I actually thought about doing just that ;) But it will take more work
> than is justified for simply an email reply. And it is a nice teaching
> opportunity, so we plan to get back on this topic during the upcoming
> ConTeXt meeting in Kalenberg.
>

>> Luigi:
>> metapost ,head-body-tail or tail-body-head for the filler, lenght of the snake
>> node programming...not bad.
>> I could be useful when one has numbers, and wants to be sure that nobody prepend or append something.
>
> Actually I had a use case for this some years back when I was attempting
> to reproduce old-fashioned woodblock print. But that predated most luatex
> development, and I ended up faking the whole thing using \hboxes.

there's actually already quite some in place to deal with such issues
but the question often is what criteria to use and what interfacing and
for criteria you need to know a bit about what a line is internally in
terms of spacing ... i'm pretty sure that Taco will cover that aspect
but you have to wait till Kalenberg to learn the details