[NTG-context] font features in math

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Sun May 1 11:22:32 CEST 2016

When I compile this in context all number are oldstyle numbers:

\starttext

\font\test= {name:TeX-Gyre-Termes:+onum}
\test 0123456789
$\fam0 \textfont0=\test 0123456789$
\stoptext

When I run a similar plaintex (or latex) example in texlive 2016
with a new luaotfload then the text numbers are (as wanted) old
style, but the numbers in math mode are lining numbers (the font is
correct):

\input luaotfload.sty
\font\test= {name:TeX-Gyre-Termes:+onum}
\test 0123456789
$\fam0 \textfont0=\test 0123456789$
\bye

So somehow in math the +onum is lost in plain and latex but not in
context. What is context doing differently to avoid this? (It can't
be the fontloader. I forced luaotfload to use the context files from
the minimals.)

--
Ulrike Fischer
http://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/