[NTG-context] glyph substitution

Thomas Fehige thomas at fehige.de
Fri Apr 22 13:35:01 CEST 2016

Is there a way to tell ConTeXt to use one glyph where it would on its
own use another one? Two examples:

- In the font "Purisa Medium" the hyphen comes out as a line that is two
or three times fatter and even a little longer than the m-dash. That is
clearly wrong, and probably the font designer's fault. Other than that,
the font has its merits as a not-too-sweet or crazy handwriting font.
I'll need to tell ConTeXt to either scale that monster-hyphen down or to
use a different glyph altogether, maybe even from another font.

- As mentioned in an earlier post, in an \sc group I need the lowercase
ß to be replaced with its smallcaps version, which is contained in the
font but not accessible via any of its otf features.

There are more occasions where I have missed such a feature.

Thank you - Thomas