[NTG-context] font error with latest beta

Thomas A. Schmitz thomas.schmitz at uni-bonn.de
Fri Apr 15 18:36:25 CEST 2016

Hi Hans,

I run into my favorite error with the latest beta ("this can't happen").
The document uses a SabonNext font, but I get similar results with other
fonts. The error message is:

tex error       > tex error on line 855 in file
/home/tas/context/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/mkiv/cont-yes.mkiv:
! This can't happen (fuzzy token cleanup in node)

\page_shipouts_normal ...box \shipoutscratchbox }}
                                                   \else
\page_shipouts_ignor...
\page_boxes_shipout ... {\box \shipoutscratchbox }
                                                   \fi
\setnextrealpageno \th...
\page_otr_construct_and_shipout ...cted_page #1#2}

\page_otr_flush_pending_co...
\page_sides_output_routine_nop ...de_float_output
                                                   \global
\d_page_sides_vsiz...
\page_sides_output_routine ..._output_routine_nop
                                                   \fi
\page_otr_triggered_output_routine ...and_routine
                                                   \fi
l.97 \getvalue{clf_processjob}
                              % from cont-run.lua

mtx-context     | fatal error: return code: 1%

An older context version (2016.02.08 15:35) processes the same file
without problems, so I suspect it may be the newer luatex binary. I
can't produce a minimal example right now, the error is a bit unpredictable.

All best

Thomas