[NTG-context] copy/paste text broken with certain ligatures

Brian R. Landy brian at landy.cx
Thu Apr 14 15:47:34 CEST 2016

Hi, sometime between version 2015.08.05 and 2016.04.10 the handling of
certain ligatures changed (sorry, I don't have intermediate versions to
test with).  The issue is the ligatures no longer copy/paste as the
original two characters, which also breaks text searched of the pdf.
Instead they copy as a single glyph.

I'm seeing the problem with "ti" and "fj", while others like "ffi",
"fi", and "ff" are fine in both versions.

I see this using Calibri (other fonts I tried don't support those two
ligatures):

   \starttypescript[cleartype]
     \definetypeface[\typescriptone][ss][sans][calibri][default]
   \stoptypescript
   \usetypescript[cleartype]
   \setupbodyfont[cleartype,sans,10pt]
   \starttext