[NTG-context] Questions about Scite lexers

Nicola nvitacolonna at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 19:25:40 CEST 2016

On 2016-04-13 15:39:57 +0000, Hans Hagen said:

>> 6) It is my understanding that pret-xxx.lua files are obsolete. Is it
>> correct? (If so, it would be nice to update the wiki to reflect that).
>
> no, they are not obsolete (the scite lexers are often also syntax
> checkers so they are more strict) ... the pret files are more or less
> working in the same way (they date from before scite got that kind of
> lexers)

Thanks for your answers. I'd like to go with \definetyping then, because
I need /BTEX../ETEX. I have found an old document of mine, which uses a
(slightly customized) pret-c.lua, located inside the project's folder.
It compiles, but I don't get syntax highlighting. Is it because pret-c
is not searched in the project's directory? (According to
http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Verbatim#Pretty_printing the file should
be found.) This is a minimal version:

\setupinteraction  [state=start]
\setupcolors       [state=start]