[NTG-context] Overfull annotations

Jan Tosovsky j.tosovsky at email.cz
Tue Apr 12 22:49:56 CEST 2016

On 2016-04-12 Hans Hagen wrote:
> On 4/12/2016 9:11 PM, Jan Tosovsky wrote:
> >
> > But to be honest, the best for me would be PDF annotations
> > (rectangles) placed to that occurrences. In Acrobat Reader
> > you can easily list them and automatically navigate to the
> > target location (and then jump to the prev/next).
>
> \enabletrackers[builders.hpack.quality]
> \enabletrackers[builders.hpack.overflow]
>
> \starttext
>      \hsize 8cm \input tufte
> \stoptext

Nice. But..

My use case is 300+ pages book with several occurences. If those red rectangles were provided as annotations, I could efficiently jump from one to another, without browsing all the book (thanks to the special Annotation pane).
http://ptgmedia.pearsoncmg.com/images/chapter09_0321751256/elementLinks/rc_13.jpg

Both searching occurrences (in PDF) using the line number of the original source or visually by looking for red rectangles is IMHO inefficient.

However, I agree there are more important features to implement.

Jan