[NTG-context] Weird background colors in autogenerated index

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Tue Apr 12 00:46:00 CEST 2016

On 4/11/2016 8:13 PM, Jan Tosovsky wrote:
> On 2016-04-10 Hans Hagen wrote:

>>> here you have the minimal sample:
>>>
>>>     \showgrid
>>>     \starttext
>>>     a\index{b}
>>>     \completeindex
>>>     \stoptext
>>>
>>> Comment the first line and colors background colors will disappear.
>
> a good catch, Pablo, thanks.
>
>> indeed, it's tracing related (no bug)
>
> My idea is to have a single PDF source to showcase some ConTeXt features, where displaying the grid is handy, yet allow disabling the grid on demand.
>
> So any visible \showgrid related issues, which cannot be switched off together with the grid layer, are unacceptable ;-)

well, with tracing one gets what's provided .. after all it's tracing,
so 'unacceptable' is a kind of unacceptable demand

> Is there any chance to improve this a bit?

currently not but you can influence the grid a bit:

   \showgrid[reset,...]

options can be seen with

   context --extra=setups grid

You're lucky that it's only a few lines to add 'columns' options (so in
some upcoming beta you have to mess with 'reset' and whatever else).