[NTG-context] framedtext

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Mon Apr 11 18:59:05 CEST 2016

On 4/11/2016 6:49 PM, Meer, Hans van der wrote:

>> On 11 Apr 2016, at 18:13, Alan BRASLAU <alan.braslau at cea.fr
>> <mailto:alan.braslau at cea.fr>> wrote:
>>
>> Would it not be better to use ConTeXt alignment, rather than the TeX
>> primitives \hfil and \hfill?
>>
>> \startframedtext[left][frame=on,offset=0pt,width=broad,align=flushleft]
>> left
>> \stopframedtext
>
> Could be of course. But the question is: from where the counterintuitive
> behavioud of \hfil and \hfil?
> It is my nature to be not satisfied until I know ;-)

because internally the framed align can inject \hfil \hfill \hss or
whatever was decided best ... it's already complex enough to write
macros like \framed that adapt to all cases users throw at it so the
options (like align) are there for a reason

if you don't want that you need to wrap your stuff in a box in which
case you can do inside that box what you like

Hans

(you can use \showmakeup to see what is in a \framed box)