[NTG-context] Redirect compilation to another .pdf?

Lukáš Procházka LPr at pontex.cz
Sun Apr 10 21:49:01 CEST 2016

Hello,

On Sun, 10 Apr 2016 18:07:54 +0200, Aditya Mahajan <adityam at umich.edu> wrote:

> This should have worked, but for some reason it does not:
>
> context --jobname=shadow main.tex
>
> The output says:
>
> system          > files > jobname 'shadow', input './main', result 'shadow'
> mkiv lua stats  > result saved in file: shadow.pdf, compresslevel 3,
> objectcompresslevel 3
>
> but no shadow.pdf file is created.

I can fully confirm this behavior;

- the option "--jobname" is not listed when you type "context.exe" (= help), so it seems like a "hidden" option;

- but ConTeXt seems to use this option somehow, as
	"context.exe --jobname=C A.mkiv"
	produces
	"system          > files > jobname 'C', input './A.mkiv', result 'C'"
	to the console;

- but the result file is still A.pdf.

- Suggestion: would it be possible to use "--result=OutputFileName" as the name for the output stream immediately,
	i.e. not to produce "default PDF file" + rename it to "OutputFileName" (= --result),
	but to use the "OutputFileName" initially as the output stream?

I guess I explained why I'd like to use "non-default" PDF stream (to allow working with the default PDF file during the compilation)...

Best regards,

Lukas

(BTW: The PdfXChange Viewer has commands open/close PDF file similar to that of AR; unlike AR, these commands are still the same as far as I'm using PdfXCh.)

Ing. Lukáš Procházka | mailto:LPr at pontex.cz
Pontex s. r. o.      | mailto:pontex at pontex.cz | http://www.pontex.cz
Bezová 1658
147 14 Praha 4