[NTG-context] Redirect compilation to another .pdf?

Aditya Mahajan adityam at umich.edu
Sun Apr 10 18:07:54 CEST 2016

On Sun, 10 Apr 2016, Lukáš Procházka wrote:

> My way is to compile into a "shadow copy" which allow use to view the
> document even during its compilation.
> Once the compilation is done, I close the .pdf, I move the compiled "shadow
> copy" to the well-named .pdf and I open it in a viewer.
>
> So I'm trying find a way to redirect ConTeXt to that "shadow copy"...

This should have worked, but for some reason it does not:

context --jobname=shadow main.tex

The output says:

system          > files > jobname 'shadow', input './main', result 'shadow'
mkiv lua stats  > result saved in file: shadow.pdf, compresslevel 3,
objectcompresslevel 3

but no shadow.pdf file is created.

Aditya