[NTG-context] defining a comamnd as variable which behaves as constant

Pablo Rodriguez oinos at gmx.es
Sun Apr 10 00:00:57 CEST 2016

Dear list,

I have the following document:

    \mainlanguage[es]
    \starttext
    \startTEXpage[offset=1em]
    \dorecurse{27}%
        {\def\abcd{\convertnumber{a}{\recurselevel}}%
            \dorecurse{27}%
                {\abcd\convertnumber{a}{\recurselevel} }\par}
    \stopTEXpage
    \stoptext

I want to test all lowercase-letter pairs in Spanish.

Excuse me for my missing programming notions. For the sample above, I
would need a command that behaves as a variable when defined, but as a
constant when invoked.

Is there any way to achieve that without using counters? Sorry if there
is too much nonsense in the previous paragraph. But I need to know how
to do it for another example too.

Many thanks for your help,

Pablo
--