[NTG-context] combining itemize and starttabulate

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Thu Apr 7 10:49:25 CEST 2016

On 4/6/2016 1:04 PM, Jan Willem Flamma wrote:
> Dear members,
> The following combination of itemize and starttabulate is numbered from
> 'd. to f.' instead of from 'a. to c.'
> \starttext
> \startitemize[a]
> \starttabulate[|l|p|]
> \item \NC column1 \NC column2 \NC \NR
> \item \NC column1 \NC column2 \NC \NR
> \item \NC column1 \NC column2 \NC \NR
> \stoptabulate
> \stopitemize
> \stoptext
> I'm unable to figure out why this occurs and also how to get the
> following desired result:
> a. tekst tekst
> b. tekst tekst
> c. tekst tekst

I'm surprised it works at all. We should have a place on the garden
where we put such 'unexpected combinations of mechanisms' (Alan?).

you can put this in cont-new.mkiv:

\unprotect

\unexpanded\def\itemtag % not yet in interface definitions
   {\dosingleempty\strc_itemgroups_item_tag}

\unexpanded\def\strc_itemgroups_item_tag[#1]% we can reuse more
   {\def\currentitemreference{#1}%
    \iftrialtypesetting
      \strc_counters_save\v_strc_itemgroups_counter
      \strc_itemgroups_increment_item_counter
      \strc_itemgroups_insert_item_tag_indeed
      \strc_counters_restore\v_strc_itemgroups_counter
    \else
      \strc_itemgroups_increment_item_counter
      \strc_itemgroups_insert_item_tag_indeed
    \fi}

\def\strc_itemgroups_insert_item_tag_indeed
   {\letitemgroupparameter\c!distance\zeropoint
    %letitemgroupparameter\c!width\zeropoint
    \strc_itemgroups_make_symbol_box
    \strc_itemgroups_make_destination_box
    \let\m_strc_itemgroups_destination\empty
    \ht\b_strc_itemgroups\strutheight
    \dp\b_strc_itemgroups\strutdepth
    \box\b_strc_itemgroups
    \ignorespaces}

\protect

and then do:

\starttext
\startitemize[a,intext]
\starttabulate[|l|l|p|]
\NC \itemtag \NC column1 \NC column2  \NC \NR
\NC \itemtag \NC column1 \NC column2  \NC \NR
\NC \itemtag \NC column1 \NC column2  \NC \NR
\stoptabulate
\starttabulate[|l|l|l|]
\NC \itemtag \NC c1 \NC c2  \NC \NR
\NC \itemtag \NC c1 \NC c2  \NC \NR