[NTG-context] unwanted head behavior

Zhichu Chen chenzhichu at sinap.ac.cn
Thu Apr 7 08:28:35 CEST 2016

If I understand correctly, the "continue=yes" key prevents a new page
generated by a lower-level structure, e.g., section, following a
higher-level structure, e.g., chapter.

Then why the checking is so complex in strc-sec.mkiv:
==================================
\def\strc_sectioning_handle_page_nop
   {\edef\p_continue{\headparameter\c!continue}%
    \ifx\p_continue\v!yes
      \ifnum\previoussectioncountervalue=\zerocount
        \strc_sectioning_check_layout
      \else\ifnum\currentsectioncountervalue>\zerocount
        \strc_sectioning_check_layout
      \fi\fi
    \else
      \strc_sectioning_check_layout
    \fi}
==================================

I temporarily changed the definition to:
==================================
\newcount\previousheadlevel
\previousheadlevel\plusone
\def\strc_sectioning_handle_page_nop
   {\edef\p_continue{\headparameter\c!continue}%
    \ifx\p_continue\v!yes
      \ifnum\currentheadlevel>\previousheadlevel\else
        \strc_sectioning_check_layout
      \fi
    \else
      \strc_sectioning_check_layout
    \fi
    \previousheadlevel\currentheadlevel}

Seems fine.

PS: irrelevant to my problem, but I just wish ConTeXt to be perfect. So:
1, line 1060, file strc-sec.mkiv:
\global\setfalse\c_strc_rendering_continue
shouldn't this line be "\global\setfalse\c_strc_rendering_continuous"?
2, a lot of \.._strc_sectioniong_... macros in strc-sec.mkiv. I think
changing the "sectioniong" to "sectioning" may prevent potential typos.