[NTG-context] Skipped figure numbers

Aditya Mahajan adityam at umich.edu
Fri Apr 1 03:49:56 CEST 2016

On Thu, 31 Mar 2016, Alan BRASLAU wrote:

> On Thu, 31 Mar 2016 17:51:07 -0400
> Aditya Mahajan <adityam at umich.edu> wrote:
>
>> @Hans: Does it make sense to disable \incrementcounter if
>> \trialtypesetting is active?
>
> I was going to suggest such things...

My motivation is different. If you have any macro in a table (or anything
that requires multiple runs to get the size right) that uses a counter
(e.g., enumeration), then the numbers will be off. That would not happen
if a counter is frozen when trialtypesetting is on.

> P.S. Would not the use of \startcombination\stopcombination be an
> alternative to the placefigures within a table?

combinations only give regular grid. Sometimes you want an irregular grid.
For example, the OP wanted

|      | Fig2 |
|      | Fig3 |