[NTG-context] Protrusion cancellation by index term

Jan Tosovsky j.tosovsky at email.cz
Thu Mar 31 21:28:35 CEST 2016

On 2016-03-31 Hans Hagen wrote:
> On 3/30/2016 9:53 PM, Jan Tosovsky wrote:

> >> it's not that trivial
> >>
> >> for the index we can cheat a bit but then i also need to
> >> check lots of other cases for possible interference
>
> you can try to do this:
>
> \leftboundary\hbox{\index{foo}}....

Wow, I am quite satisfied with this solution.

Btw, I couldn't find any details for that \leftboundary command either in TeX [1] or ConTeXt [2] command references.

I've tried it just with \hbox{} and it works as well.

Couldn't this be generalized in a way - if you want protrusion even in edge cases, any inline commands have to be wrapped in \hbox{} ?

Jan