[NTG-context] Alignment for narrower text

Jan Tosovsky j.tosovsky at email.cz
Thu Mar 31 21:28:35 CEST 2016

On 2016-03-31 Hans Hagen wrote:
> On 3/30/2016 8:55 PM, Jan Tosovsky wrote:
> > On 2014-01-30 Jan Tosovsky wrote:
> >>
> >> I'd expect that starting french quote sign outside the left
> >> text edge - similarly like it is aligned the main flow when
> >> the hanging feature is enabled.
> >>
> >> Now I've found it works as expected when the indenting is
> >> disabled...
> >
> > http://tracker.luatex.org/view.php?id=884
>
> indenting prohibits protrusion

Good to know, thanks. I take it rather as a limitation.

Use case:
- book uses global indentation
- there is poem typeset in narrower block
- there is punctuation in the first verse which disrupt optical margin alignment

Are there alternative ways?

Btw, from end user perspective I'd expect it should work by default without further tweaking.

Jan